Picture yourself basking in the warm summer sun, with the soothing sound of crashing waves luring you towards the sandy coastline. The possibilities for a perfect beach day seem endless.
Will you opt for ultimate relaxation, sinking your toes into the sand as you soak up the sun's golden rays? Or do you crave excitement, ready to ride the waves on a jet ski and feel the rush of speed and freedom?
In this thrilling installment of our Choose Your Adventure series, we have curated everything you need to maximize your day on the water. Whether you seek tranquility or an adrenaline rush, SA has you covered.
We understand the magnetic pull of adventure and are here to ensure you have an unforgettable beach day. Before you set sail on the open waters or embrace the tranquility of the seaside, take a moment to consider what essentials you need to pack. We've got you covered from stylish apparel to practical headwear and gear!
Why Choose SA?
There’s nothing more freeing than adventure -- the last-minute plane ticket, the road trip with no destination, or the boat ride on your home waters.
Experiencing the raw beauty our world has to offer is nothing short of exhilarating. It’s being present in the moment, feeling alive in the outdoors, and being free in your soul.
From the ocean waves to the mountain peaks, from the everyday adventure to a flight across the globe, we are with you from sunrise to sunset. The SA shield is more than just a look, it’s a tie to a global community, all searching for the next big adventure.
Performance Shirts- The SA Performance Shirt is designed to keep you cool and dry on the hottest days, with features like mesh underarms and soft nylon threads. It is bright and comfortable for any range of motion.
- Relaxed Fit for active comfort
- Strategically placed mesh paneling for vented air flow and cooling
- Unique prints for outdoor enthusiasts
Swim Trunks- The SA Swim Trunks are fashionable, functional, and comfortable enough to wear all day long. Featuring a tough, woven, performance 4-way stretch material that wicks sweat, these trunks are built with a two-way drawstring elastic waistband and a lightweight performance mesh inner short. Enter the water while you take pleasure in your adventure.
- Performance 4-way stretch durable woven moisture-wicking material
- Classic length, 6 ½’” inseam
- 3-pockets added to store belongings
- Lightweight performance mesh located inside the shorts to provide breathability and support
- Elastic waistband with two-way drawstring
- Subtle branding with blackout woven label
Active Short- SA's Active Shorts for ladies have a very fashionable and sporty design. You may adjust the fold-over waistband according to your preferences and fit thanks to an internal drawcord which is also adjustable. While on the move, you can keep your belongings secure thanks to the back pocket zipper. This short is ideal for your upcoming adventure.
- 5” soft fold-over waistband with internal drawcord for adjustability and support
- 3” inseam
- Zipper secure back pocket for storage with embroidered eyelets for drainage
Floppy Straw Hat - While a perfect day at the beach may equate to getting that perfect tan, it is important to keep our skin and face protected. So, SA’s Floppy Strawhat is the best way to keep your skin protected while looking stylish at the same time!
- Embroidery design on brim of hat
- Subtle SA branding on ribbon
- Interior woven sweatband
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Wide brim for 360 degrees of coverage
Flexfit Hat - The Stretch Fit Hat is a great and timeless piece that can be added to your wardrobe, no matter the occasion. Whether you are walking along the beach, or grabbing a snack on the boardwalk, this hat is a perfect way to not only shield and protect your face from the sun’s harsh UV rays, but also keep your hair out of your face from the wind.
- Embroidered patch on front
- Cap with elastic mesh panels and closed back
- Sun protection
Performance Snap Back Hat - Feeling slightly burnt by the sun and looking for some cooling off? Look no further than the SA Performance Snap Back Hat! Built with high performance materials, this will be a go-to staple for any beach trip. The front crown and side panels are made of water-repellent material. The sweatband inside of the snapback is made of moisture-wicking and quick-dry mesh which will keep you cool and dry and not make your hair feel hot and sweaty.
- Moisture wicking and quick dry material
- Water Repellent front crown and side panels
- Laser perforated mesh back panels for ultimate breathability
- Moisture wicking and quick dry mesh inside sweatband to help keep you cool
- Hi-density silicone front patch
- Matching plastic snapback closure
- UPF 30+ Sun Protection
SA Sunglasses - What makes these glasses so special is the fact that you can do just about anything in them! Whether it’s in the ocean or just hanging out on the beach, these sunglasses have a micro coating to help protect against harsh elements like saltwater, to enable perfect everyday wear.
- Unique designs
- Limited lifetime warranty
- SA microfiber bag and padded case included
- 100% UV protection
- Polarized poly-carbonate lenses
- Duarble TR-90 frame
Boca Sunglasses - Get ready to make your beach day a stylish one with SA’s Boca sunglasses. Not only are these sunglasses fully polarized with 100% UV protection, but they also contain a polycarbonate construction to help with durability and flexibility to give you a pair of glasses that frame your face well.
- Unique designs
- SA Microfiber bag + box included
- Laser etched branding detail on lens
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 100% UV Protection + Anti-Glare
Game Day Sunglasses Holder- Ever gone to the beach and had your sunglasses on your head for one second, then the next, they’re gone? No need to worry about losing your sunglasses with SA’s Game Day Sunglasses Holder. The wide design makes it easier to locate your sunglasses, as the holder can be worn comfortably around your neck or head at all times!
- Unique designs
- Attached to the sunglasses earpiece to keep them attached around your neck
- 100% Polyester covered neoprene
The Adventurer’s Q&A: All Things H2O
What are water sports?
Water sports are recreational activities that take place on or in the water. These activities often involve physical exertion and are enjoyed by individuals or groups seeking adventure, thrill, or leisure. Some popular water sports include:
- Surfing: Riding waves using a surfboard.
- Paddleboarding: Standing or kneeling on a board and propelling oneself with a paddle.
- Jet Skiing: Riding a small motorized watercraft at high speeds.
- Water Skiing: Being pulled behind a boat while standing on skis.
- Wakeboarding: Riding a board and performing tricks while being towed by a boat.
- Windsurfing: Using a sailboard to harness the wind and glide on the water.
- Kiteboarding/Kitesurfing: Using a large kite to pull oneself on a board across the water.
- Kayaking: Paddling a small, narrow boat either solo or with a partner.
- Canoeing: Paddling a narrow boat using a single-bladed paddle.
- Rafting: Navigating fast-flowing rivers or rapids in an inflatable raft.
- Sailing: Controlling a sailboat or yacht using wind power.
- Water Polo: A team sport played in a pool, combining elements of swimming, soccer, and basketball.
- Water Aerobics: Engaging in aerobic exercises specifically designed for the water, often in a pool.
These water sports offer a range of experiences and cater to different skill levels, interests, and levels of physical activity.
How do I prepare for a trip to the beach?
Preparing for a nice and relaxing trip to the beach can be tedious, but it doesn’t have to be! It is nice to make a checklist to make sure you have everything you need to make your beach day successful:
- Beach towels or beach blankets
- Sunscreen (with a high SPF)
- Hats and sunglasses for sun protection
- Swimsuits and cover-ups
- Extra clothes for changing afterward
- Beach chairs or an umbrella
- Cooler with water and snacks
- Beach bag or backpack
- Portable speaker for music
- Books, magazines, or entertainment of choice
- Cell phone and charger
How do I know what sunscreen is right for me?
Wearing sunscreen is one of the most important ways to protect yourself from the harsh UV rays of the sun. It is critical to apply sunscreen on a hot summer day, especially at the beach, where you are exposed to the most sun.
Choosing the right sunscreen can depend on several factors, including your skin type, sensitivity, and the amount of sun exposure you anticipate. Here are some considerations to help you select the appropriate sunscreen:
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF): Look for a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or higher. SPF indicates the level of protection against UVB rays, which cause sunburn. Higher SPF provides more protection, but keep in mind that no sunscreen can offer 100% protection.
- Skin Type: Consider your skin type when selecting a sunscreen. If you have fair or sensitive skin, you may want to opt for a higher SPF and choose a sunscreen labeled "sensitive" or "for sensitive skin." For oily or acne-prone skin, choose an oil-free or non-comedogenic sunscreen to avoid clogging pores.
- Physical or Chemical Sunscreen: There are two main types of sunscreens. Physical sunscreens contain mineral ingredients like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide that reflect and scatter UV rays. Chemical sunscreens contain organic compounds that absorb UV rays. Both types can be effective, but if you have sensitive skin, physical sunscreens may be a better choice as they are less likely to cause irritation.
- Water Resistance: If you plan on swimming or participating in water activities, choose a water-resistant sunscreen. Water-resistant sunscreens provide some level of protection even when exposed to water or sweat. However, they still need to be reapplied according to the specific instructions on the product label.
- Fragrance and Allergies: If you have fragrance allergies or sensitive skin, opt for fragrance-free or hypoallergenic sunscreens to minimize the risk of irritation or allergic reactions.
- Application and Texture: Consider your personal preference for sunscreen texture. Sunscreens come in various forms, such as lotions, creams, sprays, sticks, or gels. Choose a formulation that works best with your skin.
Am I allowed to bring pets to the beach?
Every beach is different, and every beach has its own rules and regulations. When it comes to pets and whether you can bring yours or not, it's essential to do your research and adhere to the regulations in place to ensure a positive experience for both you, your pet, and other beachgoers.
Some factors to consider if you are deciding whether or not to bring your pet(s) to the beach are time and season, local town ordinances, and leash laws.
What is a swimming kit?
A swimming kit refers to the necessary gear and accessories needed for swimming. A basic swimming kit typically includes swimwear, goggles, and a swim cap. Other optional items may include earplugs, a nose clip, and a towel.
What do I need as a beginner swimmer?
For a beginner swimmer, invest in comfortable, well-fitted swimwear like one-piece swimsuits or board shorts. Goggles protect eyes from chlorine, swim caps streamline head and face, earplugs and nose clips for water-sensitive individuals, and a towel for drying off and staying warm after a swim.
What fabrics are used in beachwear?
Beachwear brands blend nylon and spandex for stretchiness and quick-drying, while polyester and Lycra are durable and elasticity-resisting. Cotton is breathable and comfortable, often used in cover-ups or dresses. Choose fabrics that can withstand saltwater, sunlight, and chlorine while maintaining comfort and functionality. Proper care and maintenance extend the life of beachwear.
Can I wear activewear for swimming?
While activewear may seem like a good alternative to swimwear, it is not recommended for swimming as it is not designed for use in water. Activewear may not be able to withstand the harsh conditions of saltwater or chlorine, which can cause damage to the fabric. Additionally, activewear may not provide the same level of comfort and support as swimwear specifically designed for swimming. Furthermore, activewear may not provide the same range of motion as swimwear, which can be limiting during swimming activities. Sticking with swimwear for swimming purposes is best to ensure optimal performance and comfort.